Sub-title

Co-Parenting With Christ: "For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you" ~ Deuteronomy 31:5-7

Description

Uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging single mothers to embrace and enjoy the journey of single parenthood.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

“God controls the timing of every event.” ~ Ecclesiastes 9:11 (NIRV)

While I was out and about riding in my car, running my Saturday errands, I meditated on how thankful I am for all that God has done for me. I just got paid and all my income has gone out. But I know that I am truly blessed to be of sound mind, spirit, and physical well being. And all of our needs are met.

I stopped by Chic Fil A to pick up lunch for my two boys and my nephew, I wasn’t really hungry so I wasn’t planning to get anything for myself. When I pulled up to the order speaker, I was greeted by one of the friendliest voices that I had heard in a long time. She competently took my order and told me that I’d get my total at the window. As I arrived at the pick-up window I was pleasantly greeted by a friendly gentleman with a bright smile. So far it had been a great customer experience. Was I really surprised? After all, I was at Chic Fil A, the fast-food restaurant chain that closes all locations on Sunday (the Lord's Day) so their employees can rest, spend time with their families, or at their places of worship. But it gets even better.

The person at the pick-up window asked what condiments I needed. Rare these days, right? He began to hand me the food before I handed him the money. So I asked him, “What is my total?” He said, “Actually today is your lucky day! You are the 100th customer so your order is free!” He picked up a red bell and started clanging it. Then his co-workers started clapping. It was quite a celebratory event, and it couldn’t have come at a better time.

If you know anything about Chic Fil A, it is really no surprise that I was blessed at a restaurant whose business is about blessing others. An excerpt of their Corporate Purpose reads:


To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us.
To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.


Though I did feel a little lucky at first….I really don’t believe in luck. I believe that ALL things happen for a reason, in God’s perfect time. Sure in the natural it was a simple $20.00 chicken dinner. But in the supernatural, I believe it was God’s way of telling me, “I see you. I got you. Just keep doing what you’re doing.” I can honestly say that Chic Fil A not only talks the talk, they also walk the walk!

EAT MOR CHIKIN!

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Amen to that! Chick-fil-A is my favorite fast food restaurant! Yes, God is so faithful and encourages us in every way, big and small!