Sub-title

Co-Parenting With Christ: "For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you" ~ Deuteronomy 31:5-7

Description

Uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging single mothers to embrace and enjoy the journey of single parenthood.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Are You Second Guessing God's Blessing?

“And God gives us what we ask for. We receive it because we obey God’s commands and do what pleases him.” ~ 1 John 3:22 (ERV)

Have you asked God for something, He answered your prayer, and now you are no longer satisfied with the blessing? My answer to this question is, “Yes! All the time.” I am not proud about it, but I am just being honest. Our desires are fleeting, they come and go like the wind. I wouldn’t be surprised if God sat on his throne shaking head baffled by our confusion. Thankfully, He knows us better than we know ourselves so I’m sure He anticipates our ever-changing requests.

When we’re unemployed, we ask Him to bless us with a job. When we get that job we are satisfied for a while, at least until our bosses or co-workers get on our nerves or until we feel like we deserve more money. We ask Him for a mate and are appreciative when He sends someone our way that is until that person no longer tickles our fancy or does it for us, whatever “it” is! This list can go on and on. We always want more and are rarely content with God’s blessings.

Though scripture says that God gives us what we ask for (1 John 3:22) a little further down in the book of 1 John, we are given more specific instruction on how to ask God for things.

“…This means that when we ask God for things (and those things agree with what God wants for us)” ~ 1 John 5:14 (ERV)

He doesn’t quite operate like a Genie. Our wish isn’t exactly His command. We are not THE CREATOR, we are co-creators. Therefore our desires must align with His Will for our lives. If God just gave us ALL that WE wanted, He would be more like a Genie and not all knowing, all mighty God. In that case we could be our own God, serving our own purposes not His.

So the next time I find myself second guessing my blessing (and I will because I am human), I will remind myself that I asked for it. God blessed me with it. And it fits into His perfect plan though I may not fully understand. I have to constantly remind myself that it’s not about me. My life is not my own, it is His and His alone. The same blessings I am thankful for today, I should be thankful for tomorrow.

Embrace and enjoy the journey!

Be uplifted, inspired, and encouraged.

God Bless!

No comments: