Sub-title

Co-Parenting With Christ: "For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you" ~ Deuteronomy 31:5-7

Description

Uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging single mothers to embrace and enjoy the journey of single parenthood.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

More Than Enough

"My God will use his glorious riches to give you everything you need. He will do this through Jesus Christ." ~ Philipians 4:19 (ERV)

This morning I attended church service at One Community Church in Plano, TX.  Service was awesome! I left feeling spiritually full with a Word that I can use and apply to my everyday life.  While Pastor Edwards touched on several topics around finances, but one of most simplest ideas resonated with me the most.  The idea that, I have exactly what I need.  Truly, I have more than enough.

In my 37 years, I can honestly say that I have never gone without food, clothing, or shelter. As a child, I was blessed with a mother who was able to provide for me, and as an adult I have been blessed to provide for myself and my children.  Often times, my blessings have come THROUGH others, family and friends. But I know that ultimately ALL of my blessings have come FROM God.

If you are anything like me, you may think about how you can get more of what you already have or better.  It is human nature. And our culture often influences our wants and desires making us feel inadequate or that we don't have enough.

"But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied)." ~ 1 Timothy 6:8 (AMP)

If all I had right now was food and clothing, I would have so much more than many people in this world. But truthfully, I have so much more than that.  I have a roof over my head, health, healthy children, a mother, a father, family and friends, a job,  transportation, nice clothes, and a variety of food to eat.  That is just a short list of the things that I have been blessed with, my list could go on.  

When I think about how good God has been to me, I understand that I have MORE than enoughI had an aha moment today! I need to focus more on giving thanks for what I do have and give less energy to what I don't have. I hope that you will do the same.

Remember, you are not alone.

Embrace and enjoy the journey...

God Bless! 
 
 


No comments: